Saturday, April 5, 2008

Xbox 360 Game Demos: Viva Piñata & Turning Point

Clive Barker's Jericho (Demo)
I decided to replay the Jericho demo since i gave it a bad review at first. This time around, my experience was much better. Maybe I wasn't playing it correctly. I don't know, but it was a lot better this time. However, the game is a bit average and not something really special. If you got stuck with this guy, you would surely play through it once and that's about it. I don't really see a lot of replay in this game. Overall, it could be greatly improved, but if you picked it up for like 15 bucks, it be alright. One time through it would be fun, it's just average and limited.

Viva Piñata: Party Animals (Demo)
I almost accidently bought this game thinking it was a newer version of the Viva Piñata sim game. Luckily I realized it wasn't and now playing the demo, glad I didn't buy it. Viva Piñata: Party Animals is a collection of mini-games based off of many other Mario Party rip offs. The demo offers a number of mini-games to play one after another. I found that most of these games were uninteresting and boring. They also reuse gameplay options in different ways for a number of these things. The only mini-games I found really interested from the demo were the racing games. Some people may think they're underdeveloped, but they were fun. They did let you collect items to shoot at other players like in Mario Kart. Otherwise, this party game is best avoided. The reviews don't like it, and I don't see a lot of fun for a group of people. If you really like the Viva Piñata characters and world, you may want it then. Otherwise, I say avoid it big time. [ IGN Entry, GameSpot Entry ]


Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (Demo)
This FPS is very unique, at least the beginning of the game. Turning Point has you start out on top of a huge skyscraper as New York City is attacked by the Nazi's in an alternative timeline of American history. You have to work your way down this building as all hell has broken loose around you. It's pretty amazing and unique. The game uses the Unreal III engine, which i'm not a big fan of. The main thing I dislike is that the controls are pretty tight and strict in their movements. I guess this is to make the feeling more realistic, but i prefer typical FPS controls that are more loose. Oh wow, this game actually got terrible reviews. Seemingly, this game suffers from a lot of bugs, framerate issues, and a bare plot. Well then, I wasn't planning on getting this title anyhow. However, I do recommend trying out the demo. It's unique for sure! [ IGN Entry, GameSpot Entry ]

No comments: